The crunch of the pepper with the creamy filling and the smoky bacon over top makes this the ultimate tailgating recipe.
15 Medium, sliced in half then seeded
Sweet italian turkey sausages
Low fat cream cheese
8 Ounce, softened
4 Ounce, shredded
3 Medium, chopped finely
1⁄2 Pound, each cut in half (Optional)
1. In a pan pour olive oil. Heat it on medium. Add the turkey sausage and cook while stirring frequently till browned all over. Set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
3. In a baking sheet place a low cooling rack. Set aside.
4. In a bowl add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, basil, cumin, celery salt and scallions. Mix till combined. Put in the cooked turkey sausage and continue to mix well.
5. Fill each jalapeno half with the cream cheese filling. Do not over fill it.
6. Wrap each stuffed jalapeno with bacon and place it on the cooling rack in the baking sheet. Bake for around 15 minutes or till the bacon is crispy.
7. Remove from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
8. In a serving platter, serve the jalapeno poppers with any dip of choice.
This can be made without bacon also. Omit the step involving wrapping with the bacon.