Smoked Gouda Jalapeno Poppers
|Applewood bacon||3 Medium (thick strips, cut into ½ inch lardons)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (room temperature)|
|Gouda cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredd (smoked Gouda cheese)|
|Jalapenos||6 , halved and deseeded|
|Panko breadcrumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large pan over medium high heat, cook the bacon pieces until crispy for about 10 minutes.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, Gouda cheese, crispy bacon pieces and egg. Mix well with a fork until thoroughly combined.
4. Fill each jalapeno half with about 1-2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture, then dip in the panko breadcrumbs.
5. Line a baking tray with foil and parchment paper. Transfer the stuffed jalapeno peppers onto the tray and bake for about 30-45 minutes, until the tops are nice and golden brown.
6. Serve the jalapeno poppers with ketchup.