Chef Keith Snow demonstrates a quick and easy way to prepare and serve penne pasta.
Whole wheat penne pasta
1⁄2 Pound, cooked
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (full fat)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 , sliced
2 , sliced
Parmigiano reggiano cheese
1 Tablespoon, grated
Extra virgin olive oil
4 1⁄2 Tablespoon (1/4 cup for pasta and 1/2 tablespoon to drizzle)
1. Using a sharp knife, finely slice shallot and garlic.
2. In a large heavy bottom pot over medium heat, stream olive oil and allow to heat.
3. Drop in the shallots and garlic, sauté them for about a minute or until garlic starts to release its flavour.
4. Put in the pasta and stir to heat and coat the pasta with oil.
5. Sprinkle with freshly cracked black pepper and salt, and stir well.
6. Stir in the ricotta cheese, until it coats the pasta.
7. Add basil pesto and the peas, and stir to mix.
8. Serve the pasta hot in a bowl.
9. Grate cheese over the pasta and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.