|French baguette||1 (a day old loaf)|
|Chopped tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Basil leaves||6 (or more)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon (2 tablespoons for bread)|
|Garlic cloves||5 , peeled and minced|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||4 Tablespoon (2 tablespoon for topping and 1 tablespoons for serving)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the broiler and line a baking pan with foil.
2. Slice the bread diagonally in ½” thick slices and place on pan.
3. Drizzle the bread with olive oil.
4. Place the pan under broiler for 30 seconds or until the bread is slightly browned.
5. Remove the bread and flip them and broil the other side and remove.
6. In a bowl, put together tomatoes, chopped garlic, basil, balsamic, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and stir well to mix.
7. Spoon the tomato mixture over each bread slice and spread slightly.
8. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of each slice and drizzle with balsamic.
9. Serve as desired.
Calories 708 Calories from Fat 289
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.3%
Saturated Fat 9 g45%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.4 mg9.1%
Sodium 2137.1 mg89%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 23 g46.6%
Vitamin A 29.6% Vitamin C 36.2%
Calcium 39.2% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet