|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (+ 1 Tbsp)|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Dry milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||3 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Fast-rise yeast||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the topping|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Rosemary leaves||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon, coarse|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In the bread maker, add the ingredients in the following order (or as suggested in the bread maker manual), water, all purpose flour, milk, sugar and salt.
3. Using a spatula move the flour to the corners of the bread maker and add the rapid rise yeast in the middle. Place the pieces of butter in the 4 corners and around the bread maker.
4. Put the machine on the dough setting, and bake the bread for 1 hour and 20 minutes or as per the bread maker instruction manual.
5. Once done, remove the dough onto a board, sprinkle some flour and knead it gently into a ball. Then using a rolling pin roll out the dough into 15 x 10 rectangular shape.
6. Take a greased baking sheet and place the dough onto the sheet. Flatten it out into the pan towards the edges. Once done cover the baking tray with a cloth and let it rise for 20 minutes.
7. After 20 minutes, remove the cloth and using 2 hands make dimple like formations in the dough. Once done brush it with oil. Sprinkle onion, garlic, rosemary, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
8. Bake this in the oven for 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Once done, remove and let it cool before serving.
9. Slice the focaccia bread, into sqaure pieces and serve with a bowl of hot soup.
Calories 174 Calories from Fat 64
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.2%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10 mg3.3%
Sodium 303.3 mg12.6%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.87 g3.5%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 4 g8.3%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet