Easy To Make Tiramisu
|Egg yolks||6 Fluid Ounce|
|Egg whites||4 Fluid Ounce|
|Mascarpone cheese||12 Ounce|
|Fresh cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Strong coffee||3 Cup (48 tbs) (cooled to room temperature)|
|Marsala wine||4 Fluid Ounce|
|Kahula||3 Fluid Ounce|
|Savoiardi sponge finger biscuits||48 Bunch (4800 gm)|
|Quality chocolate||1 (Freshly grated)|
|Strawberries||12 Small (Cut in half)|
|Marsala||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. In an electric mixer, add egg yolks & half the sugar quantity.
2. Whisk this on high speed until light & creamy for approximately 2 minutes.
3. Add the mascarpone cheese & mix on medium speed, until just combined.
4. Now add the cream and whisk for approximately 2 minutes, until it turns thick & creamy.
5. Take a large bowl and empty the above mixture into it.
6. Clean and dry the electric mixing bowl.
7. In the same mixing bowl, pour the egg whites and whisk on high speed approximately 1 minute, until soft peaks form.
8. While whisking the egg whites, slowly add the remaining quantity of sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time.
9. Continue whisking the two, until stiff peaks form for approximately 1 minute.
10. Take the large bowl with the creamy egg yolk mixture and fold in half of this egg white from the mixer.
11. Once combined, fold in the remaining egg white mixture completely.
12. Take a large bowl filled with strong coffee, add the marsala & the kahlua to the coffee and mix well.
13. Take the sponge biscuits, soak them one at a time in the coffee mix for a few seconds, drain and arrange in the dish in a neat layer.
14. After a layer of biscuits is completed in the dish, spread an even layer of the cream mixture over the biscuits.
15. Place another layer of soaked biscuits on the cream mixture.
16. Spread and smooth out the final layer of cream over the biscuits.
17. Clean the sides of the dish with a cloth for any extra cream.
18. Garnish the dish with some freshly grated quality chocolate.
19. Set this in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
20. In a saucepan, dissolve 1 tbsp sugar along with the marsala over low flame and bring to boil.
21. Add cut strawberries to the above.
22. Once they are vibrant and bright red, strain them out of the liquid and let it cool.
23. Return the liquid to the stove and reduce it to a syrupy consistency.
24. After refrigeration, cut the Tiramisu into desired portions and serve them on a dessert plate with some marsala soaked strawberries.
To make individual portion servings, simply break the biscuits into small sizes before soaking. You can prepare these servings in the same way as directed above either in a martini glass or a dessert bowl.
Calories 3628 Calories from Fat 816
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g140.4%
Saturated Fat 34.6 g173.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 438.2 mg146.1%
Sodium 1089.9 mg45.4%
Total Carbohydrates 615 g205%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.9%
Sugars 311.9 g
Protein 79 g158%
Vitamin A 23.2% Vitamin C 13.7%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet