1. Soak sultanas in water.
2. Dice red onion, red pepper and zucchini.
3. Dice eggplants and deep fry them.
4. To make Caponata, in a pan heat oil and sauté the red onion, pepper and zucchini for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add in the eggplants, sultanas, capers, pine nuts, sugar, vinegar and pistachios.
6. In a pan sear the tuna steak with oil and garlic. Season it well.
7. Use a tin stamp to serve the caponata on the side of the dish, while serving the sliced seared tuna steak on the other side.
How about a typical Italian dish to go with your tuna steaks? In this video, chef is showing how to sear tuna steaks in a pan and make caponata in Italian style. He is making caponata with basil, garlic, capers, sugar and white vinegar. The best part of the video the chef's step by step instructions for making both the recipes. So, next time you get your tuna steaks you must try this recipe.