Guilt-Free Pasta Alfredo
|For cooking pasta|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat penne pasta||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (Boiled in salt water)|
|Oilve oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon|
|2% milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose seasoning||1 Teaspoon, blend|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
1. In a medium pan, boil water. Add salt and pasta and cook for 10 minutes. Turn the heat off, drain the water and transfer the pasta to a plastic container and keep inside the refrigerator.
2. In a large skillet over high heat, add olive oil and garlic. Stir for 10 seconds, then add pasta and stir well with a wooden spatula. Add salt and pepper if needed.
3. In a small container with tight lid add cornstarch with some milk and shake together. Slowly drizzle into pan, while stirring.
4. Stir pasta, slowly adding the remainder of the milk and then add the all purpose seasoning blend.
5. Reduce heat and check the consistency of the sauce. Add more milk, if necessary. Add parmesan cheese and remove from heat.
6. Serve the Pasta Alfredo topped with oregano.