Classic Italian Biscotti
|Corn oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||5 1⁄2 Cup (88 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Orange||1 Medium, zested|
|Almond/Sesame seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2) In a large bowl mix corn oil and sugar. Blend together.
3) Grate the zest of orange, pour vanilla and eggs.
4) In bowl take flour add baking powder and mix together.
5) In egg mixture add flour.
6) Sprinkle some almond or sesame seeds on countertop. Roll mixture.
7) In a greased pan put the dough and bake it on 325F.
8) After 30 minutes take out biscotti and cut diagonally.
9) Again bake it for 30 minutes.
10) Serve biscotti with tea or coffee.
Don't forget to oil your hands before handling the dough, the oil makes it much easier to work with the dough and keeps the dough from sticking to your hands.
Calories 2359 Calories from Fat 1234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 141 g216.2%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g64.2%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 279.2 mg93.1%
Sodium 491.2 mg20.5%
Total Carbohydrates 246 g82.1%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.5%
Sugars 107 g
Protein 34 g67.9%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 34.5%
Calcium 54.5% Iron 61.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet