Adam’s Formidable (Veggie) Frittata
|Eggs||6 , beaten|
|Shredded cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Cheddar, Jack, your choice)|
|Half and half||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Teaspoon|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Garlic||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs), chopped finely|
|Chopped parsley leaves||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In medium-sized bowl, using a whisk, blend together eggs, cheese, half-n-half, pepper flakes
(c’mon it’s not THAT spicy, man up!), half the parsley, pepper and salt.
3. Heat a 12-inch non-stick, oven-safe sauté pan (also known as a skillet) over medium high heat.
4. Add butter to pan and melt. Add zucchini and onion and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. You want the
zucchini to get a little color, but not mushy and you want the eggs to be just translucent. Next
add the garlic and sauté for 30 more seconds (don’t burn the garlic, Dude).
5. Pour egg mixture into pan and stir with rubber spatula. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the egg mixture has set on the bottom and begins to set up on top. Sprinkle with parsley.
6. Put the pan into the oven for about 10 minutes, until lightly browned and fluffy. Remove from the
oven (use a hot pad or you’ll burn your hand, drop the food on the floor and be in a bad mood
for the rest of the day) and cut into 6 servings.
7. Serve immediately or allow to cool and refrigerate covered for a couple days.
For you carnivores, try adding some cooked crumbled bacon, or some diced ham into the egg
mix – or if you’re feeling really dude like, sauté some chopped hot dogs along with the zucchini
For a tasty leftover, throw a little dijon mustard on some bread, a slice of frittata, maybe a slice
of ham (or not if you’re a “veggie" like Adam), some fresh greens and viola, you’ve got a pretty awesome sandwich, Bro.
Calories 319 Calories from Fat 243
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.3%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g77.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 273.7 mg91.2%
Sodium 438.4 mg18.3%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.51 g2%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 15 g30.2%
Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 13.5%
Calcium 27.6% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet