Pesto Garlic Oven Roasted Chicken & How to Make Gravy
|Fryer chicken||2 Small (or Whole Large Roasting Chicken)|
|Pesto garlic spice blend||6 Tablespoon (4-6)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , quartered|
|Garlic bulbs||2 (whole)|
|Lime||2 , quartered|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Pesto garlic spice blend||1⁄2 Teaspoon (a sprinkle)|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
2. In a roasting pan, place the chicken, stuff the cavity with onion, garlic, and lime.
3. Squeeze lime juice on chicken and put the skin inside the cavity. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle spice blend on it (if desired surround the chicken with veggies and season them with olive oil, lime juice, and spice blend).
4. Pour water into the pan and pop in oven. Roast for 1.5-2 hours or until the legs are loose and juice runs clear.
5. Remove the chicken from the pan and place on the plate.
6. In the remaining pan juice add flour and constantly over medium flame (make sure there is no lump).
7. Add pesto garlic spice blend, salt, and balsamic. Pour water as needed to get desired consistency of gravy. You can also use veggie juices.
8. Carve chicken and serve with gravy.
Calories 609 Calories from Fat 390
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.7%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g57%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 187.5 mg62.5%
Sodium 348.2 mg14.5%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.41 g1.7%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 48 g95%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 11.5%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet