|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Boiled in salt water)|
|For the sauce|
|Onion||2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Capsicum||1 Medium, seeded, thinly sliced|
|Tomato||5 Medium, cut, boiled, pureed|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Chilli flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Mozarella cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated (or any other type)|
1. In a pan pour water. Add oil and salt. Bring it to boil. Put in the spaghetti and cook for around 5 minutes or till done. Drain in a colander and pour cold water over it. Set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C.
3. Grease a baking dish with butter. Set aside.
4. In a pan, melt butter. Put the onions and capsicum. Saute for around 2 minutes or till the onions is soft and translucent. Transfer around ½ cup worth of the onion-capsicum mixture into a bowl.
5. To the remaining onion capsicum mixture pour the tomato puree. Season with salt, pepper, oregano, chilli flakes and sugar. Stir well to mix and bring it to boil. Add the tomato sauce and stir well.
6. Put in the cooked spaghetti and mix well. Pour the fresh cream, stir and bring it back to boil. Cook for another 2 minutes.
7. Pour this into the greased baking dish. Sprinkle retained onion-capsicum mixture on top followed by the cheese. Bake for around 20 minutes.
8. In a serving plate or bowl, serve the spaghetti hot.
Calories 332 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.6%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g32.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.7 mg9.6%
Sodium 623.5 mg26%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.3%
Sugars 16.4 g
Protein 11 g21.1%
Vitamin A 36.8% Vitamin C 98.4%
Calcium 16.5% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet