1. In a sauté pan pour olive oil and sauté the onions and garlic until soft.
2. Add oregano and stir, add the plump tomatoes, salt, tomato puree and pepper, stir and simmer over low heat for 60 minutes or until it reduces.
3. Finally add fresh basil while its simmering, stir everything well.
4. Once the sauce thickens up add sugar and stir well. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Serve with any pasta dish or meat dish.
Make big batches of the tomato sauce and freeze it for later use.
Use this sauce in all kind of pasta dishes or meatball recipes.