Baked Salmon With Spinach Pesto And Spaghetti
|Salmon fillet||2 Pound|
|Fresh spinach||1 Pound (0.5 Kilogram)|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Dry oregano||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry basil||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a blender or a food processor mix the spinach with some of the olive oil to form a paste.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and while they are blending, drizzle the olive oil.
3. You need to blend until you get a paste at the end of the processes.
4. Serve with hot pasta and fresh tomatoes or sun dried tomatoes.
5. You may use the pesto sauce to spread in sandwiches, on grilled fish or chicken and as a side dip with bread sticks.
Calories 411 Calories from Fat 192
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.5%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 119.6 mg39.9%
Sodium 319.7 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.4%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 48 g97%
Vitamin A 79.9% Vitamin C 20.6%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 23.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet