|Fresh spinach||1 Pound (0.5 Kilogram)|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Dry oregano||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a blender or a food processor mix the spinach with some of the olive oil to form a paste.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and while they are blending, drizzle the olive oil.
3. You need to blend until you get a paste at the end of the processes.
4. Serve with hot pasta and fresh tomatoes or sun dried tomatoes.
5. You may use the pesto sauce to spread in sandwiches, on grilled fish or chicken and as a side dip with bread sticks.
Calories 619 Calories from Fat 560
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.2%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.7 mg1.9%
Sodium 260.4 mg10.8%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.6%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 8 g16%
Vitamin A 154.7% Vitamin C 42.1%
Calcium 28.2% Iron 29.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet