An authentic taste from Italy! Oak wood fire cooked authentic Margherita Pizza recipe. Topped with homemade sauce made of garlic, basil, pepper, red onions, oregano and real San Marzano tomato's from Italy. The toppings are fresh mozzarella cheese, basil leaves and extra virgin olive oil. The pizza pie was cooked 600 degrees on the Scottsdale pit until the cheese is bubbling. Simple yet big on flavor.
|San marzano tomatoes||14 Ounce|
|Red onion||1/2 Medium , sliced|
|Parsley sprigs||2 , chopped|
|Garlic clove||1 , minced|
|Coarse ground black pepper||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Basil leaves||3 , torn|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Mozzarella cheese ball||8 Ounce , thinly sliced|
|Basil leaves||4 , torn|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
|Cornmeal||1 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
1. In a blender, pour in the tomato, pulse for a few seconds, do not blend to a puree.
2. Preheat grill to 700F.
3. In a skillet, heat oil, add in the onion, cook until it caramelizes. Add parsley, saute for another minute, put in garlic and basil leaves, pour in the tomatoes. Season with oregano and black pepper, allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
4. On a floured surface stretch and roll the dough to an 8 to 10 inch circle, transfer to floured pizza peel.
5. Spread the sauce evenly over the pizza, arrange the cheese slices, basil leaves and finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
6. Grill at 700F for 6 to 10 minutes.
7. Serve with your choice of beverage.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 811Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.7%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2826 mg117.75%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.7%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 94 g188%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet