Pasta Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette - Vegan
|Whole wheat penne pasta||13 Ounce, cooked, drained, cooled|
|Carrot||1 Small, cut in half lengthwise and then in diagonals|
|Bell pepper||1⁄2 Small, sliced (any color)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Celery stalk||1 , cut in diagonal|
|Celery leaves||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Sliced red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely sliced|
|Black olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), seeded, halved|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 , mince|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
1. Sprinkle salt on garlic and mash with the back of a spoon.
2. In a small bowl, combine mashed garlic with vinegar, salt, and pepper.
3. Whisk constantly and stream in oil. Taste and adjust seasoning of salt and pepper.
4. In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, carrot, bell pepper, parsley, celery stalk, celery leaves, red onion, olives, and tomato.
5. Add the vinaigrette and toss to coat evenly.
6. Serve and enjoy!
You can make the salad ahead of time and pop in refrigerator.
Add little more vinaigrette and do not use chopped tomato if keeping in refrigerator for later use.
Calories 358 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.6%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 203.1 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.5%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 8 g16.8%
Vitamin A 42.3% Vitamin C 32.8%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 9.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet