|Lean ground beef||1 Pound (500g)|
|Garlic clove||3 , mince|
|Onion||1 , slice|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Canned crushed tomato||28 Ounce (796ml)|
|For ricotta cheese mixture|
|Parmigiano reggiano||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated (50ml)|
|Other ingredients for lasagna|
|Mozzarella cheese||16 Ounce, grated (350g)|
|Zucchini||3 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Fresh basil||To Taste|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F or 190 degree C.
2. Place a fry pan on medium high flame and brown meat in it. When cooked remove from the pan and reserve.
3. Saute garlic and onions in the same pan for about 2 minutes.
4. Add the canned crushed tomato and the reserved browned meat. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer on low for 30-40 minutes or until thick.
For Ricotta Cheese Mixture:
5. In a medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan, and egg.
6. Slice zucchini lengthwise into ⅛" slices, lightly salt and set aside or 10 minutes. (Adding salt takes out unwanted moisture) After 10 minutes, using kitchen towel blot off excess moisture.
7. On a grill pan, grill zucchini slices for about 1-2 minutes per side or until cooked.
8. In a 9"x12" casserole spread some sauce on the bottom and layer the zucchini, then the ricotta cheese mixture and basil, then top with the mozzarella. Keep layering until all the ingredients are used. Cover with foil.
9. Bake covered for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake uncovered for another 15 minutes. Let stand for about 15 minutes before serving.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 679 Calories from Fat 369
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.5%
Saturated Fat 23.5 g117.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 214.8 mg71.6%
Sodium 1035 mg43.1%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.9%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 56 g111.1%
Vitamin A 49.6% Vitamin C 57.3%
Calcium 78.5% Iron 28%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet