This is a delicious cold pasta salad that can be made with any macaroni noodle you like. This recipe can also be made gluten free by using a rice noodle as well.
Fresh basil leaves
5 Medium, chiffonade
Fresh asparagus spears
40 Medium, chopped (into bite size pieces, once boiled)
Cooked baby shrimp
1 1⁄4 Pound
16 Ounce (or any pasta of your choice)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped
For the dressing
White wine vinegar
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Grated parmesan cheese
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 Clove (5 gm)
1. In the mason jar pour the white wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic, sugar dried basil, mustard and Parmesan cheese.
2. Cover with a lid and shake it well, chill in the refrigerator until needed.
3. Boil water in a large pot and a pan, place the pasta in the large pot and cook for 8 minutes.
4. And in the frying pan place the asparagus and cook for 3-4 minutes, covered. Once done drain and rinse under cold water, set aside.
5. Drain the pasta and place under cold running water, set aside.
6. In a mixing bowl combine pasta, asparagus, fresh basil and onions, give it a toss.
7. Add the shrimps and pour the dressing, toss it well, grate the Parmesan cheese on top.
8. Refrigerate and chill until needed.