Grilled Vegetable Orzo Pasta Salad- Vegetarian
|Orzo pasta||1⁄2 Pound|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Zucchini||1 Large, sliced (about ½ inch thick lengthwise)|
|Summer squash||1 Large, sliced (about ½ inch thick lengthwise)|
|Red onion||1 Medium, sliced (½ inch rounds)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, quartered|
|Orange bell pepper||1 Medium, quartered|
|Lemon pepper seasoning||2 Teaspoon (Grand Diamond Seasoning)|
|All purpose seasoning||2 Teaspoon (Grand Diamond Seasoning)|
|Granulated garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh basil leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chiffonade|
|Grape tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), halves|
|For the lemon vinaigrette|
|Fresh squeezed lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat a stove top grill over medium-high heat.
2. In a mixing bowl combine the summer squash, zucchini, red bell pepper, orange bell pepper and onion.
3. Pour olive oil and coat the onions first just so that the rings can stay together, set aside.
4. Coat the vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle the lemon pepper seasoning, all-purpose seasoning and granulated garlic. Toss thoroughly.
5. Grill the zucchini and squash for 4-5 minutes on each side and then grill the peppers and onions for 6-8 minutes on each side.
6. In a pot boil water and cook the orzo pasta as per manufacturer’s directions.
7. Once the orzo pasta is done, drain using a fine mesh strainer and place it in a large bowl.
8. In the meantime in a small bowl combine lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt and black pepper. Whisk well.
9. Pour the dressing over the pasta and stir, set aside.
10. Dice the vegetables into bite size pieces, place it in the bowl and toss it along with the pasta.
11. Lastly add the basil chiffonade and cherry tomatoes. Toss everything thoroughly.
12. Serve along with roast chicken.
Fine mesh strainer
Calories 550 Calories from Fat 260
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 393.7 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.7%
Sugars 15.5 g
Protein 10 g19.2%
Vitamin A 37.6% Vitamin C 124.4%
Calcium 4% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet