|Thick bread slices||2 , lightly toasted on both sides (Italian bread used)|
|Prosciutto slices||4 , divided|
|Pesto||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Teaspoon (just a drizzle)|
|Asparagus spears||6 , parboiled|
|Havarti cheese slices||2 , divided|
|Mozzarella cheese slice||2 , divided|
|Swiss cheese slices||2 , divided|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Chop shallots and slice tomatoes lengthwise into ¼-inch thick pieces.
2. In a pan, saute shallots in olive oil over medium high heat for 4 minutes or until softened. Transfer it to a bowl and set aside.
3. In the same pan, add tomato slices and cook until nice and brown on one side. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Spread 1 tablespoon of pesto on each slice of bread.
5. Spread half of the shallot on each sandwich and top it with a slice of havarti, and mozzarella.
6. Pop it under broiler and cook until cheese melts.
7. Remove from broiler and top each sandwich with 3 slices of asparagus and Swiss cheese. Put it back into the broiler and broil until Swiss cheese melts.
8. Then, place tomato, and prosciutto slices on top.
9. Drizzle balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.
Calories 719 Calories from Fat 431
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74%
Saturated Fat 19.2 g96.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84.9 mg28.3%
Sodium 1557.8 mg64.9%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 34 g68%
Vitamin A 44.1% Vitamin C 32.4%
Calcium 45.7% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet