Spicy Sicilian-Style Calamari is a great starter for a Mediterranean Menu Dinner Party plan.
Extra virgin olive oil
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 Pound, cleaned
1 Teaspoon, minced
Red pepper flakes
Canned san marzano tomatoes
2 Cup (32 tbs), drained and diced
1 Tablespoon, rinsed
1. Slice the calamari bodies into 1/4 rings. Cut tentacles into halves or quarters.
2. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add in the olive oil and, when hot, add in the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
3. Stir in the tomatoes. When the tomatoes begin to simmer, add in the calamari, and capers cook until just opaque, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Season with lemon juice and sea salt. Stir all the ingredients well.
5. Serve immediately with some crusty bread to sop up the sauce!