Ahhh I can just see myself enjoying this delicious treat on a warm Florida day. A couple of weeks ago I went over to my grandmother’s house for dinner. She is quite the cook let me tell you! She made a delicious meal then served us this. It was SO good I had to get the recipe. Come to find out it is my great-grandmother’s recipe. How cool is that? It is extremely easy to make and you can store it away and do like I do and pop your head in the freezer about every other night (ok, fine, every night) and get a big spoonful. It’s such a fresh and light dessert from the citrus and you also get that banana flavor in there a lot too.
3 Cup (48 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
3 (2 lemons zested and all 3 juiced)
3 (2 oranges zested and all 3 juiced)
1. Zest 2 oranges and 2 lemons and squeezed all the oranges and lemons.
2. In a saucepan, put the water and sugar together and bring to a boil.
3. Allow to boil for 5 minutes or until the sugar melts.
4. Meanwhile, in blender put together bananas, lemon and orange zest and juice and blend until smooth.
5. In a bowl, mix together the simple syrup and the banana mixture and allow to cool.
6. In a shallow baking dish, pour the mixture and put it in a freezer for 1 ½ to 2 hours.
7. Remove the baking dish from the oven and scrape it with a fork.
8. Put it back in the freezer for 2 hours.
9. When ready to serve scrap the mixture with fork and put it in a glass or a bowl.
10. Serve chilled as desired.