Turning an antipasto plate into a bite size cup is sure to be a hit while you're entertaining. The saltiness of the salami, freshness of the vegetables and the creaminess of the cheese is sure to put a party in your mouth in just one bite.
Genoa salami slices
1 , seeded, chopped
Roast red pepper
1 , chopped
Asiago cheese/Mozzarella cheese
2 Tablespoon, chiffonade
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Neatly place each salami slice in a cupcake pan to form a cup shape.
3. Using small pieces of aluminum foil, form a ball and place it in the middle of each salami cup to maintain the shape.
4. Put the salami in the oven and bake from 8-12 minutes, check frequently.
5. While the salami is baking cut up the green pepper, roasted red pepper, olives and asiago cheese.
6. Place all ingredients into a large bowl and stir, season to taste.
7. Once the salamis start browning take them out of the oven.
8. Let the salami cool in the cup cake pan to help set the shape.
9. Spoon mixture into the salami cups and garnish with basil.
10. Repeat until all the salami cups are made.
11. Serve the antipasti bites as an appetizer or as a party snack.
This is a versatile recipe and you can choose to add your personal selection of vegetables along with olives and cheese.