Rosalie Fiorino Harpole's Italian Turkey Meatballs in Marinara Sauce
|For the turkey meatballs|
|Turkey meat||1 Pound|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Fennel seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 Medium, beaten|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|For the marinara sauce|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chop|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped finely|
|Tomatoes puree||15 Ounce|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||15 Ounce|
|Tomato paste||4 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Chop the garlic, parsley and onion keep in separate bowls.
2. In a large bowl combine the turkey meat, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic, parsley fennel seeds, eggs and salt and pepper,
3. Once mixed well make small meatballs and fry them in a pan with olive oil until brown on all sides remove and keep it aside.
4. In the same pan add the olive oil and sauté onion and garlic, once brown add the tomatoes, sugar, dried basil, red pepper flakes and chicken stock and let it simmer.
5. After 5 minutes add the salt and pepper, tomato sauce, tomato paste and water, simmer for few more minutes.
6. Add the turkey meat balls and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Serve the Turkey Meatballs in Marinara Sauce along with crusty Italian bread.
Calories 280 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.3%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87.7 mg29.2%
Sodium 352 mg14.7%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.8%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 18 g35.5%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 35.7%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet