How to Make Gnocchi
|Butter gold potatoes/Potato||2 Pound|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Parmesan reggiano||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Boil potatoes whole and unpeeled until fork tender.
2. Peel the potatoes with a paring knife, and put them through a ricer.
3. Place riced potato over the counter top and dwell a well in the center.
4. Add in the eggs and beat with a fork. Add in ¼ cup of flour to the potatoes and knead gently. Keep aside for 20 minutes.
5. Cut the dough into 4 ounce chunks and roll to make rope. Slice the rolls into small diamond shape gnocchi.
6. Roll gnocchi on back of the fork as shown in the video. Set aside for 20 minutes in a floured sheet.
7. Boil water in a pan and add in the salt. Add in the gnocchi and cook until it starts floating over the surface.
8. Take out the gnocchi and place in a bowl filled with ice water.
9. In a pan add in the butter and melt. Stir in gnocchi, garlic, parmesan reggiano and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté all the ingredients.
10. Serve Gnocchi with roasted chicken and enjoy!
Calories 159 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.1 mg21%
Sodium 116.1 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet