Sweet Potato Gnocchi
|Sweet potato||1 Pound|
|Ricotta||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For dusting)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan reggiano||2 Tablespoon|
1. Roast the sweet potato in a preheated oven for 30 minutes at 400 degrees F.
2. Peel of the sweet potatoes and place in a large bowl. Mash the potatoes and add in the ricotta cheese, mix well.
3. Add in the salt and brown sugar mix all the ingredients well.
4. Stir in nutmeg and parmesan cheese and mix again.
5. Add in the flour in small bunches and incorporate well.
6. Take out the mixture over a chopping board and knead with hands. Add in rest flour and knead.
7. In a pan add in the butter and melt. In another pan pour in the water and add in the salt, boil water.
8. Meanwhile divide the dough in small portions and roll with hands, adding more flour.
9. Cut the rolls in small portion. Dust the knocky board with flour and roll the sweet potatoes mixture bite as shown in the video. Place those bites in a silicon mat lined baking sheet.
10. Add in the gnocchi into the boiling water. Cook for 5 minutes.
11. In melted butter pan add in the sage, garlic and pine nuts, sauté for few minutes.
12. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
13. Add in the gnocchi into the butter mixture.
14. Garnish the Sweet Potato Gnocchi with parmesan and serve.