FOR CAPONATA ALLA SICILIANA
1. Clean and cut the eggplant.
2. In a colander, place the slices and sprinkle salt on it. Press it with a heavy thing and let the moisture drain.
3. In a sauté pan, heat oil and sauté onions and pepper. Cook until soft.
4. Add egg plant and stir for a while.
5. Once the eggplant is soft enough, add tomatoes.
6. Add bay leaf, vinegar, sugar and garlic into the pan.
7. Add the spices and stir.
8. Now, add capers and olives. Let it simmer for 15 minutes.
9. Add walnuts and mix them well.
10. Serve with rice.
FOR FUNGHI MARINATI
1. Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems.
2. In a baking dish, combine lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, terragon and black pepper.
3. Add sliced mushroom and let the mushrooms cover with liquid.
4. Marinate for 4 hours.