Easy Chicken Marsala
|Onion||2 Small, thinly sliced|
|Chicken tenders||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into thirds|
|Baby portabella mushrooms||1 Pint, cut thinly|
|Canola oil||4 Tablespoon, divided evenly|
|Marsala wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grounded|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grounded|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, roasted|
|Onion powder||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a medium size bowl add in sage, onion powder, white pepper, salt, chicken and mix together. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in refrigerator for 60 minutes.
2. In a large skillet heat 2 tbsp. of Canola oil. Add in the onions, sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Add in the mushrooms into the skillet and cook until they reduce.
4. Take out the mushroom and onion from the skillet in a bowl and set aside.
5. In the same skillet stir in garlic and 1 tbsp. of oil.
6. Add in the chicken into the skillet and cook until both sides are golden brown. Cook for 10 minutes.
7. Take out the chicken in a large bowl and set aside.
8. Add in remaining 1 tbsp. of oil and flour. Continuously stir the flour until it turns brown.
9. Pour in the Marsala, followed by chicken stock. Mix well so that no lumps get form.
10. Stir until gravy is smooth; add in the black pepper, garlic, and onion powder.
11. Add in the prepared chicken, mushrooms, and onions back into the skillet and incorporate into the gravy.
12. Serve Chicken Marsala with rice and enjoy!
Calories 732 Calories from Fat 386
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.3%
Saturated Fat 7 g35%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 72.4 mg24.1%
Sodium 1243 mg51.8%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.6%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 31 g62.7%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 16.2%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 16.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet