Have you ever tried to make homemade bread? This ciabatta bread is a fragrant no-knead bread, that needs just a pinch of yeast and a long rising time, for a great result!
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Shift flour in a large bowl along with dry yeast and water, the yeast has been made by dissolving salt and malt, after adding all the ingredients mix it well.
2. Cover the dough with cling film and let it rise for at least 18 hours at room temperature, which is at no more than 75°F (24°C).
3. After 18 hours the dough should be full of air bubbles and very sticky. Start shaping the ciabatta bread.
4. Sprinkle little water on the worktop and place a sheet of cling film over it and sprinkle some flour, turn the dough onto it. Flour your hands and roll out the dough to form it into a loaf.
5. Take a drip pan, grease with a little oil and sprinkle with cornmeal, place the dough in the drip pan. Flatten it into long shape, sprinkle some more flour then cover with a clean cloth and let it rise for at least 2 hours, this time at 85°F (30°C).
6. After 2 hours bake the ciabatta bread bake in preheated oven at 430°F (220°C) for about 40 minutes.
7. Serve the ciabatta bread along with your tossed salad or hot soup.