1.In a saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until butter turns browns and milk solids separate.
2.In a small bowl, strain the brown butter through a fine sieve.
3. In a pot of boiling salted water, put gnocchi and simmer for about 2 minutes or until the gnocchi rises to the surface.
4. In a non-stick pan, heat the cream and add sage.
5. Stir the cream mixture to blend the flavors.
6. Drain the gnocchi and add to the sage cream mixture.
7. Add about ¼ cup of brown butter and pepper.
8. Stir the gnocchi gently, so the sauce coats over the gnocchi.
9. Spoon the Pumpkin Gnocchi hot on warm serving plate.
10. Sprinkle grated cheese on top and serve hot.
Brown butter can be made and kept in advance.
If the sauce is too thick, gnocchi cooking liquid (pasta water) can be used to adjust the consistency.