Roasted Beets with Feta Cheese over Baby Arugula
|Baby arugula||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Belgium endive||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Feta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Asian pear||1 Large, julliened|
|Pistachio nuts||1 Tablespoon, toasted|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sherry vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pomegranate juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
1. On a baking tray place the beets, rub olive oil and sprinkle pepper powder over it.
2. Pop it into the oven and roast until tender enough at 400 degrees.
3. For making pomegranate reduction - in a saucepan, simmer pomegranate juice with sugar.
4.For making vinaigrette - combine sherry vinegar, salt, pepper, honey, chervil, fresh thyme, Dijon mustard and orange juice. Whisk it well while pouring olive oil into it.
5. Add pomegranate reduction into it, whisk well.
6. Now, peel the roasted beets and slice them. keep the red and orange beets into separate bowls.
7. Pour vinaigrette into both the bowls and sprinkle salt,pepper, chervil and fresh thyme leaves over it.
8. Dress the baby arugula with the vinaigrette too. Mix it well to coat.
9. To put the salad together - put Belgium endives over a tray and put arugula over it. Top it with roasted beets.
10. Garnish it with Asian pear and feta cheese. Pour dressing over the salad and sprinkle roasted pistachios.
Season it with sea salt and pour pamegranate reduction over it just before serving.
Calories 561 Calories from Fat 332
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.1%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33.4 mg11.1%
Sodium 876.9 mg36.5%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 10 g39.9%
Sugars 36.2 g
Protein 11 g21.1%
Vitamin A 16.3% Vitamin C 63.3%
Calcium 27.5% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet