Juliana shows you how to make delicious tomato bruschetta from fresh vine tomatoes, basil, garlic, and the Mediterranean Diet staple, olive oil. This Italian recipe is simple and easy and fits in any Mediterranean Diet meal plan
Ciabatta bread slices
2 Clove (10 gm)
Fresh basil leaves
Pecorino romano cheese
Red pepper flakes
1. Toast bread slices in an oven, in a toaster or on a grill pan, until a beautiful golden brown and crispy.
2. Chop tomatoes and add to a mixing bowl.
3. Crush the garlic cloves and add to the tomatoes along with a generous pinch of sea salt.
4. Add some basil leaves and generous amount of olive oil.
5. Rub toasted slices of bread with one of the garlic cloves to flavor them.
6. Arrange the slices on a platter, and spoon the tomato mixture over each slice, spreading evenly.
7. Top with grated cheese and sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
8. Serve immediately as an appetizer or snack.