Original Tomato Bruschetta
|Ciabatta bread slices||4 Medium|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Fresh basil leaves||6|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Pecorino romano cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
1. Toast bread slices in an oven, in a toaster or on a grill pan, until a beautiful golden brown and crispy.
2. Chop tomatoes and add to a mixing bowl.
3. Crush the garlic cloves and add to the tomatoes along with a generous pinch of sea salt.
4. Add some basil leaves and generous amount of olive oil.
5. Rub toasted slices of bread with one of the garlic cloves to flavor them.
6. Arrange the slices on a platter, and spoon the tomato mixture over each slice, spreading evenly.
7. Top with grated cheese and sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
8. Serve immediately as an appetizer or snack.
Calories 230 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 0.9 g4.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.3 mg0.4%
Sodium 795.7 mg33.2%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.6%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 7 g14.2%
Vitamin A 17.7% Vitamin C 22.5%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet