Wegmans Garden Minestrone
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (Italian Classics Campagnan)|
|Pancetta||4 Ounce, dice (Italian Classics)|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), minced|
|Leeks||2 Medium, trimmed, cleaned, halved lengthwise, 2-inch slices|
|Potatoes||24 Ounce, 1/2-inch dice (Food You Feel Good About Fingerling Potato Medley)|
|Beef stock||3 Carton (3 l) (Food You Feel Good About Beef Culinary Stock)|
|Zucchini||1 Pound, 1/2-inch dice (about 4 cups)|
|Yellow squash||1 Pound, 1/2-inch dice (about 4 cups)|
|Demi glace sauce mix||1 Ounce (Jus de Poulet Lie Gold Classic Roasted Chicken Demi-Glace)|
|Ditalini||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Ditalini Rigati Soup Pasta)|
|Cannellini beans||31 Ounce, drained (2 (15.5 oz) cans)|
|Small tomatoes||12 Ounce, quartered (Fortistar Mini Mix Tomatoes)|
|Basil pesto||4 Teaspoon (Or Homemade Basil Garlic Puree (look at tips))|
|Parmigiano-reggiano||1 Ounce, shave (For garnish)|
1. Heat olive oil and pancetta in stockpot on medium. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until crisped.
2. Add garlic and leeks. Stir and reduce heat to low. Cook 10 min, occasionally stirring, until leeks soften. 3. Add potatoes, mix just to warm through.
4. Stir in beef stock and bring to simmer on high.
5. Reduce heat to low. Cook about 15 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender.
6. Add zucchini, squash, demi-glace, pasta and beans to pot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Simmer about 15 minutes, until pasta is al-dente.
8. To serve, place a layer of tomatoes in bottom of a bowl ladle broth and vegetables into the bowl and top with basil & garlic puree and cheese. Accompany with crust bread if you like.
If preparing ahead, toss potatoes in water so they do not get brown.
Pasta can be cooked ahead and chilled
If cooking ahead, prepare all but the pasta - just cook and add it into the soup the day you intend to serve it.
To make the Basil Garlic Puree -
6-10 cloves Garlic
2 pkgs Hydroponic Basil, leaves stripped, stems discarded (about 6 cups)
1 tsp lemon juice
1 cup Italian Classics Campagnan Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
1/4 lb Italian Classics Chunk Parmigiano-Reggiano, chopped
Add garlic and basil to blender. Turn on LOW. Add lemon juice, blend briefly. Slowly add olive oil. Increase speed to HIGH; briefly blend until well-combined. Turn off blender. Add pepper and cheese. Blend on HIGH until well-combined.
Use immediately and discard unused portions or freeze for later use.
Short on time? Substitute Italian Classics Basil Pesto Sauce for the puree.
Calories 307 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.7%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.3 mg2.8%
Sodium 931.6 mg38.8%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.1%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 16 g32.9%
Vitamin A 22% Vitamin C 45.7%
Calcium 14.9% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet