Zeppole di San Giuseppe
|For choux pastry|
|Unsalted butter||75 Gram|
|Cake flour||100 Gram|
|Eggs||3 (at room temperature)|
|Mascarpone cheese||100 Gram|
|Heavy whipping cream||60 Milliliter|
|Fresh strawberry jam||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh strawberries||4 Large (cut in heart shape, for garnish)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Teaspoon (for garnish)|
1.For Choux Pastry: In a pan, put water, butter, salt, and sugar and bring to a boil.
2. Remove the pan from the heat and sift in the flour all at once. Mix well with a wooden spatula or spoon until smooth.
3. Put on medium heat again and stir with a wooden spatula or spoon until the mixture forms a ball. Look for the pan being coated with a thin film of the butter as shown in the video.
4. Stop the heat and transfer the batter to a bowl.
5. Add beaten eggs little by little and mix well.
6. Cut parchment paper into 20, 3-inch squares. Transfer the batter to a pastry bag fitted with a star tip, and pipe 2-inch rings onto the parchment papers.
7. Pop them in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes to set.
8. Deep fry in oil at 320F (160C), 3-4 pieces at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden. Let cool completely.
9. For Filling: Beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
10. In a stainless steel mixing bowl, mix mascarpone cheese, whipped cream and fresh strawberry jam.
11. Transfer the cream to a pastry bag fitted with a star tip, and pipe it on the choux pastries.
12. Top with strawberries (cut into heart shape if you like) and sprinkle with powdered sugar.Refrigerate and serve cold.
You could bake them too. Spray some water and bake at 392F (200C) for 20 min.