Chicken Florentine Roll Ups
|Reduced fat milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon powder||3 Teaspoon (Gluten Free)|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken breast||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked and diced|
|Frozen spinach||10 Ounce, defrosted and drained|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Low fat mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, grated and divided|
|Pecorino romano cheese||6 Tablespoon, grated and divided|
|Tortillas||8 (gluten free or regular)|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch (optional)|
|Cooking spray||2 Dash|
|Scallions/Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, cracked|
|Fresh basil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9x12 inch casserole dish.
3. In a bowl mix corn-starch and water to make slurry.
4. For making creamy chicken sauce - add the milk and bouillon granules to a medium saucepan, over a medium heat and stir until the bouillon dissolves and the milk just starts to come to a boil.
5. Add in the corn-starch slurry then stir the sauce continuously for 2 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
6. Turn off the heat and stir in 2 tablespoons of Pecorino Romano and cayenne pepper, set it aside.
7. For the filling – In a large bowl, add in salt and pepper to the spinach, rice, and chicken, half the mozzarella, 2 tablespoons of grated Pecorino Romano, and 1/4 cup of sauce stir for a few minutes.
8. Spoon about 1/2 cup of sauce onto the bottom of the prepared casserole dish.
9. Evenly divide the filling among the tortillas, make rolls and place them seam side down in the casserole dish.
10. Pour the remaining sauce over the tortillas making sure that they are completely covered and use a spoon to work some of the sauce between the rolls to prevent them from sticking together.
11. Top the dish with the remaining mozzarella and 2 tbsp. of grated Pecorino.
12. Bake the dish uncovered for 40 minutes at 350 degrees F.
13. Allow the dish to rest for 15 minutes.
13. Garnish Chicken Florentine Roll Ups with scallions, black pepper and basil. Serve hot and enjoy!