Italian Potato Salad
|Potato||3 Pound, halved|
|Red onions||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Canadian bacon||8 Ounce, cooked|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), granules|
|Basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||2 Tablespoon, freshly ground|
|Regular salt||1 Dash|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Caper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2|
|Red chilly flakes||1 Teaspoon|
1. Chop the potato, finely dice the parsley, red onions, garlic and bell pepper.
2. Heat a pan on medium heat and add oil to it for frying the bacon.
3. In the mean time boil the potato in a pot full of water for about 10 mins.
4. To prepare the dressing, in a separate bowl pour olive oil and add red wine vinegar and garlic granules to it.
5. Mix well and then add basil, oregano, salt and black pepper to the mixture.
6. Add Anchovies and mix well until it dissolves in the mixture.
7. Sprinkle parsley on top.
8. Now add your bacon, capers, red onion, chopped red peppers to the dressing and mix well.
9. Put your potatoes into large non-metallic bowl and pour the dressing over the potatoes and mix well with your hands or gently with a rubber spatula.
10.Add quartered hard boiled eggs to top of large bowl of potato salad or on individual.
11. Place the salad on a platter to serve either chilled or as it is.
Calories 1519 Calories from Fat 646
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g112.4%
Saturated Fat 12 g59.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85.6 mg28.5%
Sodium 1789.3 mg74.6%
Total Carbohydrates 180 g60%
Dietary Fiber 31.2 g124.8%
Sugars 20.4 g
Protein 53 g107%
Vitamin A 75.8% Vitamin C 385.8%
Calcium 78.7% Iron 117.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet