Join Toby in managing diabetes well by including this summer special side dish- low calorie, low carb and with the complex flavors of balsamic vinegar.
2 Large, sliced (Sliced in 4 pieces each)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Fresh baby spinach
4 Cup (64 tbs)
1 Tablespoon (with no transfat)
1 Clove (5 gm), minced
Fresh lemon juice
Part skim mozzarella cheese
1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded
1. In a baking pan, place the tomato slices and pour in balsamic vinegar.
2. Marinate for 180 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
4. Line the baking sheet with aluminium foil.
5. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, add in the margarine and swirl around.
6. Add in the spinach and garlic, toss for a few minutes.
7. Sprinkle salt, black pepper and lemon juice, incorporate well.
8. Remove the spinach mixture from the heat and set aside to cool.
9. Place the tomato slices on aluminium lined baking sheet.
10. Top the tomatoes with spinach mixture.
11. Sprinkle the mozzarella in equal portion.
12. Bake for 7 minutes in the preheated oven at 350 degrees.
13. Serve Balsamic Tomatoes with Spinach with roasted chicken and garlic gluten free bread and enjoy!