Ready in minutes this sea food dish is truly one of a kind. Made with butter, garlic, and lemon juice, it's bold flavor will make it a standard weeknight dish in your house.
8 Ounce, peeled and deveined
Gluten free penne
1 Bunch (100 gm)
2 Clove (10 gm), thinly sliced
Fresh lime juice
Green bell pepper
Red pepper flakes
1⁄4 Teaspoon (optional) (Optional)
1. Put a pot of salted water on to boil.
2. When the water comes to a boil add the penne and stir for about 30 seconds.
3. In a bowl, stir the shrimp together with the lemon zest, garlic, olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and set aside.
4. Rinse the asparagus. Remove and discard the bottom 1/3 of the stem.
5. Chop the remaining portion into 2 inch lengths to mirror the size of the penne.
6. When the pasta is 2 minutes shy of being done add in the asparagus to the same boiling water with the penne.
7. Drain paste and asparagus.
8. Heat a large nonstick sauté pan over a medium high heat.
9. Add in the marinated shrimp and sauté for two minutes on the first side and 2 minutes on the second side.
10. Turn off the heat so the shrimp doesn’t overcook.
11. Add in pasta and asparagus to the pan with the shrimp; turn the pan back on to a medium low heat.
12. Squeeze over the fresh lemon juice. Add in the butter and stir until the butter is melted.
13. Sprinkle red pepper flakes over Penne with Shrimp and Asparagus and serve hot!
If you’re not following a gluten free diet, you can use regular pasta.