|Canola oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Spaghettini||1⁄2 Pound, cooked, drained, shocked|
|Zucchini||1 Cup (16 tbs), unpeeled, diced (raw)|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled, seeded, diced|
|Spinach leaves/Torn baby spinach leaves||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), julienned|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely sliced|
1. Prepare all the ingredients according to the list.
2. FOR THE DRESSING: In a bowl put the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, salt and black pepper. Whisk until emulsified. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl put the spaghettini, zucchini, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, spinach and red onion.
4. Add the dressing. Toss until evenly coated.
5. In a serving plate, serve it with meat of choice or enjoy it as it is.
This can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. If necessary – if salad dries up – make a little bit of the dressing and add to the salad.
Calories 506 Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45.3%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 495.5 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 12 g
Protein 7 g14.4%
Vitamin A 13.6% Vitamin C 19.8%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet