Here’s a healthy meal that can be made fairly quickly, is economical and under 300 calories! Make sure to use cleaned de-veined shrimp.
1 Pound, peeled, deveined
1 Medium, chopped finely
4 Clove (20 gm), chopped finely
14 Ounce, diced (1 can with their juice)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped
1. Heat the olive oil and add the onion. Cook it until it is translucent and softened – about 7 to 8 minutes.
2. Add the oregano and diced tomatoes and juice. Let the tomatoes cook for a few minutes.
3. Add the fennel seeds and the tomato sauce and water. Add the salt, pepper and sugar. Mix well and simmer for about 20 minutes.
4. Add the shrimp and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes – until shrimp is opaque and pink. Do not overcook because the shrimp will become rubbery.
5. Turn off the heat and add the basil. Mix in.
6. On a serving plate, serve with polenta, rice or mashed potatoes.