Try creamy polenta instead of mashed potatoes. You will love the new addition to your meal. This goes great with braised meats or stews. You can also use it to make polenta sausage casserole!
4 Cup (64 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)
1 Teaspoon (to taste)
1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded
1. Into a pot pour the milk and chicken stock.
2. Whisk in the cornmeal. Add the pepper.
3. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Watch out for bubbling, hot polenta. It will Pop out of the pan and could cause burns.
4. Cook the polenta for about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the cheese. Stir vigorously for about 3 minutes.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and egg yolks. Add about ½ cup of polenta into the eggs to temper them. Whisk well.
6. Add the tempered eggs to the polenta and mix well.
7. In a serving plate, serve the polenta with choice of meat.