Cooking Classes in Tuscany Ribollita Part -1
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Cannellini beans||1⁄2 Pound, dried and soaked (Soaked for 24 hrs)|
|Savoy cabbage||3 Cup (48 tbs), chopped coarsely|
|Oliveoil||6 Tablespoon (1 tablespoon extra for serving)|
|Red cabbage||3 Cup (48 tbs), chopped coarsely|
|Potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed|
|Tuscan bread||300 Gram|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Onions||3 , cubed|
|Tomato puree||250 Gram|
|Zucchini||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed|
1.Peal the carrots.
2.Wash the celery and separate the stems from the leaves.
3.Peel the onions
4.Chop the celery, onions and carrots, zucchini and potatoes in small equal sized cubes.
5.Wash the red cabbage and separate the leaves from the stem.
6.Take out the leaves and remove the heart of the sour cabbage and chop finely.
7.Chop the red cabbage and finally rinse both the chopped cabbage thoroughly.
8.Slice the bread.
9.In a pot pour the soaked cannellini beans and cook on low flame for about an hour.
10.Put all the chopped vegetables except cabbage in a high pot.
11.Add extra virgin oil to the pot and place it on the stove on medium flame to cook.
12. Add red cabbage and sour cabbage to the pot.
13. Cook for about half an hour.
14. Add tomato puree and some water in which beans was soaked and let it cook.
15. After the vegetables are well cooked add the zucchini, potatoes and half of the beans to the pot.
16. Pour some reserved liuid from the beans to the pot as the bread will soak most of the water from the ribollita.
17. Grind the half of the beans into a smooth paste using a liquidizer and add it to the pot.
18. Add the broth liquid to the pot and let it cook for 5 minutes.
19. Now put bread pieces into the soup and let it simmer till the bread dissolves.
20. Serve hot in large bowls drizzled with olive oil.