Chicken Cauliflower Risotto
|Chicken breast||1 Pound, cut into small pieces|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon (1/2 tbsp. for garnishing and remaining for the preparing risotto)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Onion||1 Small, diced|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, divided (1 tbsp butter to stir in at the end)|
|Arborio rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
1. Stir together the chicken, garlic, lemon zest, 1 tbsp. olive oil, and salt and pepper.
2. Heat a shallow pan over a medium high heat.
3. Add the seasoned chicken along with the other tbsp. of olive oil.
4. Sauté the chicken stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
5. Remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside.
6. Add the onion, rice and 2 tablespoon butter to the pan and sauté until the onions and rice begin to get translucent.
7. Ladle in about 1 ½ cups of the broth and allow the rice to gently simmer, stir until liquid is absorbed. Then add 2 ladle of stock so that the rice is just covered and continue with the same method of stirring until the liquid is almost absorbed before adding more stock.
8. After 10 minutes, add the cauliflower and continue the process of adding a ladle of stock and simmering until it is almost absorbed.
9. After another 10 minutes add the chicken and lemon juice to the rice. Stir for 5 minutes.
10. Turn off the heat. Add in remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
11. Garnish risotto with parsley and lemon zest and serve.
Calories 539 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.5%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 81.9 mg27.3%
Sodium 1530 mg63.7%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.7%
Sugars 11.7 g
Protein 32 g63.9%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 160.9%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet