A simple yet satisfying stuffed zucchini recipe featuring roasted red peppers, Grande parmesan cheese, applewood smoked bacon and zucchini from Chef Snow's own garden. This recipe is great for a side dish for any grilled item or even something like eggplant parmesan.
1 Large (steamed in a steamer for 15 minutes)
Bacon fat/Olive oil
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced
2 Large, minced
3 Large, cooked, diced
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
2 Tablespoon, roasted, diced
2 Pinch (as needed, to taste)
2 Pinch, freshly cracked (as needed, to taste)
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Cut the steamed zucchini in half, scoop out the pulp with a spoon and mince.
3) Grease the bottom of baking pan with bacon fat.
4) In a skillet over medium-high heat, add the bacon fat, onions and garlic. Season with salt and black pepper and saute for about 2 to 3 minutes.
5) Stir in the roasted peppers, bacon and diced up zucchini from the inside of the zucchini. Continue to saute for another 2 minutes.
6) Turn off the heat and stir in about half of the Parmesan cheese.
7) Place the zucchini shells in the baking pan and season the inside of the zucchini with salt and pepper.
8) Then stuff the filling into the zucchini shells and cover with the Parmesan cheese.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 to 15 minutes.
10) Serve the Stuffed Zucchini as a side dish for any grilled dish or even with eggplant parmesan.