Chef Keith Snow shows how easy it is to make this Italian dessert favorite.
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
Cream of tartar
1⁄2 Pint (organic)
1 Pound (as needed)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (brewed)
2 Tablespoon (62% cocoa, as needed)
1) In a large stainless steel mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar over a double boiler until the mixture reaches the ribbon stage.
2) Then add the Mascarpone cheese into the egg yolk mixture and whisk until thoroughly combined.
3) In an electric mixer bowl, add the egg whites and cream of tartar. Process at high speed until the egg whites form stiff peaks. Remove the egg whites into a bowl and set aside.
4) In the electric mixer bowl, add the heavy cream and whip for a few seconds.
5) Add the whipped heavy cream into the egg yolk and cheese mixture and fold into the mixture until combined.
6) Then gently fold in the egg whites until the mixture is light and airy.
7) In a shallow wide bowl, combine the Expresso with Marsala wine together.
8) Dip the lady fingers, one at a time into the Expresso mixture and arrange in a single layer at the bottom of a cast iron or any other pot.
10) Cover the lady finger layer with half of the egg mixture, push down so that it seeps in.
11) Then arrange a layer of the lady fingers and top with rest of the egg mixture.
12) Dust the top with chocolate and refrigerate for several hours until thoroughly chilled.
13) Serve Tiramisu for holiday parties or to celebrate any other special occasion.