Italian Menu From Capri
|Onion||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped (For Tomato Sauce)|
|Cream sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Tomato Sauce)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Tomato Sauce)|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated (For Tomato Sauce)|
|Sea salt||1 Tablespoon (For Tomato Sauce)|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced (1 tbsp. for tomato sauce and rest for snapper fish sauce)|
|Tomato||4 Pound (For Tomato Sauce)|
|Grape seed oil/Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (For Tomato Sauce)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, freshly ground (For Tomato Sauce)|
|Snapper||3 Pound (For Snapper baked in salt)|
|Kosher salt||3 Pound (For Snapper baked in salt)|
|Egg||4 (Egg white - For Snapper baked in salt)|
|Lemon||1 Medium, sliced (For Snapper baked in salt)|
|Dill||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Snapper baked in salt)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (For green sauce)|
|Basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (1/2 cup For green sauce and 2 tbsp. for egg plant)|
|Lemon juice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For green sauce)|
|Vegetable broth||2 Tablespoon (For green sauce)|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For green sauce)|
|Egg plant||1 Large (For eggplant caponata)|
|Raisin||2 Tablespoon (For eggplant caponata)|
|Caper||1 Teaspoon (For eggplant caponata)|
|Pine nuts||1 Teaspoon (For eggplant caponata)|
|Romano||1 Ounce (For eggplant caponata)|
1. For Tomato Sauce - Remove stem of tomatoes and chop.
2. Add in food processor jar. Make puree.
3. Crush grated carrots in processor jar for few minutes.
4. Heat a pot over medium high heat.
5. Heat grape seed oil, add in onion and fry until opaque.
6. Add in carrots, tomato puree and garlic.
7. Sprinkle sea salt and black pepper, pour wine and cream sherry.
8. Cover the pot and simmer tomato mixture for 45 minutes on low heat.
9. Take out two cups of tomato sauce for eggplant caponata.
10. Preserve rest of tomato sauce other recipes in freeze.
11. For Snapper baked in salt – Place parchment paper on baking sheet.
12. Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
13. For green sauce – In a blending jar add in parsley and basils.
14. Pour lemon juice, vegetable broth, olive oil and add in garlic.
15. Spin for few minutes.
16. Keep the green sauce aside.
17. For eggplant caponata – Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
18. Slice egg plants lengthwise.
19. For making Snapper baked in salt – Place snapper onto parchment lined baking sheet.
20. Put lemon slice inside the snapper’s cavity.
21. Stuff dill in the fish.
22. Pour egg white over kosher salt and mix.
23. Pile salt mixture over the stuffed fish.
24. Bake snapper in oven for 50 minutes at 400 degrees.
25. Take out fish from the oven.
26. Breaks harden salt with the help of meat mallet.
27. Remove all the salt from the fish.
28. Remove skin of the fish with the help of fork and knife.
29. Take out flesh of the fish in a plate.
30. For making eggplant caponata – Lay eggplant over parchment lined baking sheet.
31. In tomato sauce add in basils, raisins, incorporate well.
32. Spread tomato sauce mixture over sliced eggplant.
33. Sprinkle capers and pine nuts over it.
34. Grate romano over eggplants.
35. Bake in oven for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
36. Take a plate, arrange fish in that and pour green sauce over it. Serve eggplant caponata on side of the plate.