A Perfect Steak over Italian Corn Salsa
|Aged beefsteak||2 Pound (for steak)|
|Tony's euro-crust seasoning blend/Tuscan grill rub||2 Tablespoon (for steak)|
|Garlic||4 Tablespoon, mince (for steak)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (for steak)|
|Red onion||3 Cup (48 tbs), mince (for salsa)|
|Red wine vinegar||4 Tablespoon (for salsa)|
|Musso's peaches and cream corn||6 Large (for salsa)|
|Zucchini/Calabacita||1 Medium (for salsa)|
|Yellow squash||1 Medium (for salsa)|
|Ripe tomato||2 Medium (for salsa)|
|Basil leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), slivered (for salsa)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (for salsa)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (for salsa)|
|Balsamico de modena||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree.
2. In a small bowl, mix garlic and olive oil.
3. Place steak on a tray, spread olive oil garlic mixture evenly on it. Season steak with Euro-Crust or Tuscan seasoning blend. Keep it aside and allow it to rest at room temperature.
4. Cut vegetables as shown in the video.
5. Brush oil on all sides of zucchini and corn. Season it with Tuscan rub seasoning.
6. For steak, place steak on oven and allow it to sear. When the side turns brown turn and repeat. Remove it from direct heat and cook under indirect heat, covered, until done.
7. For salsa, place corn, zucchini and onion on grill with steak. Take out the roasted vegetables and chop them into fine pieces.
8. In a large bowl, put minced onion. Pour vinegar in it.
9. Add chopped roasted vegetables, and corn kernels in bowl.
10. Sprinkle seasoning and olive oil it. Mix it well. Taste and add more olive oil, and pepper, if required.
11. Line a plate with corn salsa. Place steak, and drizzle balsamic vinegar on top.
12. Serve hot steak with basil garnish.
Rare to medium rare cooked steak should have an internal temperature of 120 degree.
Calories 655 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.7%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.1%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 138.3 mg46.1%
Sodium 1272.3 mg53%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.5%
Sugars 19.7 g
Protein 59 g118.7%
Vitamin A 21.4% Vitamin C 73.7%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 45.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet