Pork Fillet Medallions with Tortiglioni Pasta
|Tortiglioni||150 Gram, cooked to ‘al dente’, drained, refreshed and dried|
|Pork fillet||200 Gram, cut it into medallions|
|White of leek||50 Gram, washed, dried and finely shred|
|Whole baby mushrooms||50 Gram, wiped with a damp cloth|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, peeled and crushed|
|Red chilli||1 Medium, cut into fine dice|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Pine nuts||15 Gram, roasted to light golden color and cooled (for garnish)|
|Double cream||250 Milliliter|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||10 Gram, chopped|
|Sea salt/Pepper||2 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
1. In a clean bowl mix together the tortiglioni, seasoning, half the olive oil, red chili and half of the chopped parsley.
2. Cover with cling film and put aside until required.
3. Lay the pork medallions on your board and, spread a little Dijon mustard with a knife onto each one and lightly season.
4. Place them in a clean dish, cover with cling film and store in the fridge until required.
5. Over a high heat, heat the remaining olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan or wok.
6. Carefully lay in the thin slices of pork. Fry for about a minute or two, turn the medallions over and fry for a further 2 minutes until the pork is cooked and an even color.
7. Remove the medallions from the pan onto a dish and keep warm.
8. Turn down the heat to medium and add the crushed garlic to the pan.
9. Stir-fry for a few moments and add the mushrooms and shredded leek.
10. Continue to stir fry for another 4 minutes and carefully add the brandy (flame the pan if you can) allowing the brandy to evaporate.
11. Add the cream and allow it to heat through such that the cream thickens into your sauce.
12. Return the pork medallions to the pan, add the pasta and allow to heat through.
13. Check the seasoning and spoon the pasta with pork into warmed bowls.
14. Garnish the pasta with pork medallions with the roasted pine nuts and a sprinkle of chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Calories 1373 Calories from Fat 934
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 105 g160.9%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4618.3 mg192.4%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.4%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 33 g66.6%
Vitamin A 18.7% Vitamin C 41.2%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet