Pesto, Pasta and Shrimp
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm) (FOR PESTO)|
|Toasted pine nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (FOR PESTO)|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Tablespoon (FOR PESTO)|
|Black pepper beef||1 Tablespoon (FOR PESTO)|
|Fresh basil leaves||4 Cup (64 tbs) (FOR PESTO)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (FOR PESTO)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated (FOR PESTO)|
|Medium shrimp||1 Pound|
|Butter||25 Gram (1/4 stick)|
|Linguine pasta||1 Cup (16 tbs) (cooked)|
1. Cook the pasta till soft, in boiling water with salt. Drain, rinse in cold water and keep aside.
2. Grate the parmesan cheese.
3. Toast the pine nuts.
4. Peel and devein the shrimps.
5. Wash the basil leaves and drain in a colander.
6. For the Pesto: In a blender, add garlic, toasted pine nuts, salt and pepper. Blend till all ingredients are chopped finely.
7. Put the basil leaves and continue blending on slow. Push the leaves with a spoon or spatula.
8. Pour the extra virgin olive oil and resume blending.
9. Once all the leaves are blended and oil incorporated, add the parmesan cheese. Blend until smooth.
10. For shrimp and pasta: In a pan, add butter and heat it.
11. Put the shrimp and sauté till it is cooked and turns pink.
12. To this add the cooked pasta, pesto sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Toss well and turn off the heat.
13. In a plate, spoon out the pesto, pasta and shrimp and serve hot with bread.
Calories 1954 Calories from Fat 1434
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 159 g244.2%
Saturated Fat 25.1 g125.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 426.3 mg142.1%
Sodium 2373.4 mg98.9%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 79 g158.6%
Vitamin A 69.3% Vitamin C 30.2%
Calcium 84.4% Iron 60.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet